Subscribe to the podcast!
How can you take the presentation you do in person and convert it to a webinar for lead generation, particularly if you’re selling a program or course?
Much of the content from your presentation can be easily repurposed for a webinar, but there are some considerations and constraints when you have attendees online vs. in person.
Hosting a webinar before giving your presentation in person is also a great way to practice and get comfortable with the content and get feedback from a real audience.
In this episode, my guest Lorena Klingel of Learn to Flourish and I talk about how we approached repurposing her signature talk into a webinar to promote her online program, Video Fundamentals.
- Why we started with her offer when deciding on the content for her signature talk
- How and why we chose the opening of her presentation
- The changes we made for the webinar version
- The results Lorena got from the webinar she recently did
Our signature talks don’t live in a vacuum. We’re out there speaking and learning, but then who are we sharing those questions and lessons with?
How are we making sure that we’re continuously improving so that we can reach those bigger stages, increase our speaker fees, and having a bigger impact on our audiences?
We need feedback, accountability, guidance, and some pushing outside of our comfort zones, which is what you’ll get in our new “Master Your Speaking” Online Group Program.
This will be a combination of group coaching + mastermind, taking place on Zoom video and in a private online community, so you can join us no matter where you live.
By the end of the program experience, you’ll have the speaking elements in place that will fuel the growth of your business and lead you to bigger opportunities.
I’m still working out all the details, but the program will start in May 2019.
Get on the interest list to be the first to know when applications open at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/mastery.
About My Guest: Learn to Flourish was born from Lorena’s desire to share her enthusiasm for creating online courses that actually TEACH – a skill that she’s mastered after more than 20 years of experience in corporate learning. Now, Learn to Flourish is a team of eLearning and tech experts dedicated to taking your message to your audience in a way that is effective, engaging, innovative, and ultimately, successful.
About Lorena: When Lorena is not helping her clients create beautiful and engaging online courses and communication videos, she can also be found hitting the slopes, hiking the trails, finding her next favorite hand-pottered mug, or mothering her three girls.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs and workshops at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/117
Links for Our Guest Lorena Klingel:
- Lorena’s website: https://www.learntoflourish.com
- Connect with Lorena on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorena-klingel-2876ba10/
- Connect with Lorena on Instagram @lorena.k_flourish
- Get the Heart-Head-Hands Framework Microlearning Tutorial: https://www.learntoflourish.com/creating-videos-takes-your-heart-head-and-hands/
- Watch Lorena’s Webinar Recording: https://www.learntoflourish.com/create-your-own-marketing-videos-webinar-replay/
- Register for Video Fundamentals: https://www.learntoflourish.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Video-Fundamentals.pdf
Links for Speaking Your Brand:
- Get on the “Master Your Speaking” online group program interest list to be the first to know when applications open at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/mastery.
- Ready to create your signature talk and framework? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to schedule a call.
- Say hi to me on Instagram and Twitter: @CarolMorganCox.
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 37: What to Include In Your Webinar with Samantha Agostino [Coaching]
- Episode 57: How to Use Simple Story Structure to Create Compelling Content
- Episode 61: A Game Changer for Your Business and Presentations: Developing Your Own Framework
- Episode 93: Turning Your Framework into a Course with Jessica Korthuis
- Episode 112: Deciding On Your Signature Talk Topic with Teresa McCloy [Coaching]
- Episode 116: 16 Ways You Can Use Your Signature Talk