Whew, this episode was much harder than I had anticipated.
You’ve heard me coach my clients and members of the Speaking Your Brand community on this podcast.
On-air coaching calls are some of the most popular episodes because we go deep and you get to hear what it’s like to be in a coaching session.
After hearing Geraldine Carter be interviewed by Jodi Flynn on Geraldine’s podcast (flipping roles), I had the bright idea to have Geraldine interview me. (Both of these amazing women have been on this podcast: Geraldine in episode 36 and Jodi in episode 26.)
Except I decided to go beyond a standard interview and asked Geraldine to coach me on “thinking bigger” for myself and for Speaking Your Brand (the name of her podcast is “She Thinks Big” and Geraldine is great at drawing that out of her guests and clients).
Well, little did I know that by the end of the conversation, I would feel so incredibly raw and vulnerable. (I have a new-found appreciation for those of you who do on-air coaching calls!)
It took a lot for me to record and release episode 92, where I deconstructed my TEDx talk from 2016 and talked about, for the first time, how I had messed it up.
Now, you’ll hear in this episode:
- Your “why” may become clear after you start doing something
- Why it matters when women aren’t visible and don’t have a seat at the table
- What I see in the women I’ve had as clients – you may not recognize this about yourself either
- Where I get stuck when “thinking bigger” (you may do this too)
- How Geraldine gently nudges me out of my default process-driven mind and into my heart – and the a-ha moments that come from this
- Questions you can ask yourself to think bigger
- The clarity that happens when we go deep and have a guide/coach to help us
If you’re in need of a business coach to help you think bigger about your business and plan strategically, I highly recommend scheduling a consult call with Geraldine: https://focusedbizcoaching.com/
Of course, if you’re in need of a speaking coach to help you create your signature talk and achieve your speaking goals, schedule a call with me: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/contact
About My Guest: Geraldine Carter coaches courageous changemakers who are ready take their business to the next level. From co-founding Climate Ride in 2008 and scaling the socially-conscious company to a seven figure budget, to biking across southeast Asia on her own, to coaching entrepreneurs on how to achieve their own lofty goals, Geraldine loves finding practical, efficient solutions to seemingly complex challenges. After directly experiencing the value of outside perspective and mentorship, Geraldine has been sharing her 10+ years of business experience and mindfulness training, helping clients cut right to the core of any problem to design effective solutions. An ICF accredited Associate Certified Coach, Geraldine takes pride in challenging herself and her clients to reach higher and find bolder ways forward. Geraldine is also the host of the She Thinks Big podcast.
The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs and workshops at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/97
Learn more on Geraldine’s website.
Join Geraldine’s Facebook group.
Join the free Speaking Your Brand community at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/join/ or text the word SPEAKING to 444-999.
Sign up for a Strategy Session at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy.
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 26: Specific Strategies to Improve Your Presentations with Jodi Flynn [Coaching]
- Episode 36: Creating a Business for Change with Geraldine Carter
- Episode 92: Deconstructing My TEDx Talk – Why We’re Uncomfortable with Women in Power
- Episode 94: Speaking and Showing Up Powerfully as Women with Molly Baker McPherson