We’re back with a coaching episode, so you can take the strategies we talk about and apply them to your own presentations.
My guest Jodi Flynn of Women Taking the Lead and I go over an upcoming presentation she has, including why your presentation should only have 3 key points (less is more!), how to poll the audience so you can tailor your content and examples, how to transition between points, and rituals to help you before and after you go on stage.
Jodi is already an accomplished speaker and podcaster, and with this presentation she’s melding her core message for type A entrepreneurial women (hand raised!) with a podcasting topic for a more general audience. Listen in to see how she’s going about doing that.
About My Guest: Jodi Flynn is the Founder of Women Taking the Lead, a podcast and community of ambitious entrepreneurial women who want to go BIG. She works with Type-A women who are already successful but have not yet achieved the level of success they want to achieve. Jodi helps her clients to see how extraordinary they are and then set priorities, get organized, in action so they can achieve their biggest goals with ease. She became an Amazon bestselling author with the release of her book, Accomplished: How to Go from Dreaming to Doing.
- How Jodi used her coaching system for type A entrepreneurial women for the content of her book and her presentations
- Finding the right audience
- How to test your ideas
- The virtuous circle of podcasting, book writing, and speaking to grow your business
- The importance of having a specific niche and one core message
- Why your presentation should only have 3 key points (less is more!)
- Engaging and polling the audience so you can tailor your content and examples
- Transitions between points in your presentation
- Rituals before and after going on stage
- Integrating your offer into your presentation (without “selling from the stage”)
Connect with Jodi on her website and podcast “Women Taking the Lead” at https://womentakingthelead.com
My interview on Jodi’s podcast (episode 189): https://womentakingthelead.com/carol-cox/
Jodi’s networking tips episode: https://womentakingthelead.com/networkingtips/
Join the free Speaking Your Brand community at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/join/.
Ready to create your signature talk? Sign up to get notified when my online group program opens at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/signature-talk-group-program/
Say hi to me on Twitter @CarolMorganCox
Don’t forget to join the free Speaking Your Brand community. Get access by signing up here: