Subscribe to the podcast!
What trends are on the horizon that you can capitalize on to get better speaking engagements and to get better results from them?
What are conferences and events looking for in their speakers and the topics they select?
How can you improve your presentations and workshops so the audience raves about you and you get invited to do more (including paid speaking)?
After having worked with over 100 clients during the past couple of years to create their presentations, workshops and keynotes, attended and spoken at many conferences and events, and talked to event organizers, I’ve noticed several key areas that too many speakers (and thus events) are missing, but that you can incorporate to set yourself apart.
In this episode, you’ll learn 3 trends you can apply to your presentation content and delivery that can make the difference between a so-so speaking engagement and one that makes an impact.
Hint: One of them has to do with candy (even better, the zero-calorie kind!).
The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and executives create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs and workshops at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/101
Sign up for a Strategy Session at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy.
Related Podcast Episodes
- Episode 47: Creating Better Audience Engagement and Learning with Amy Lang
- Episode 50: The 3 C’s of Visibility – What It Takes to Get Known
- Episode 57: How to Use Simple Story Structure to Create Compelling Content
- Episode 61: A Game Changer for Your Business and Presentations – Developing Your Own Framework
- Episode 63: Five Mistakes You’re Making in Your Presentations that Turn Off Your Audiences
- Episode 64: [Coaching] Show, Don’t Just Tell, Your Audience How You’re Different with Kimberley O’Brien
- Episode 69: What Event Organizers Look for in Speakers with Erin Smith
- Episode 81: Be a Better Speaker – Top Takeaways from Watching Presenters at Podcast Movement