Subscribe to the podcast!
Are you providing transformation or information in your presentations and talks?
Whenever I work on a presentation or a keynote or even the agenda for the in-person client retreat we’re holding in April, my default is to think of all the information I want to convey to the audience.
You may be the same way. We’re usually good at coming up with lots of things we can share and teach.
But, I want to challenge you (like I challenge myself) to reduce the information and increase the transformation.
Why? Because you’ll have a bigger impact on your audience; you’ll get traction on your thought leadership message; and you can increase your prices, both for speaking and for the services and programs you offer.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Why information is not that valuable anymore
- Examples of providing information vs. transformation
- 3 specific ways to think in terms of transformation for your content
- What I’ve learned from watching business TV shows like Succession, WeCrashed, and Inventing Anna that you can use
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals clarify their brand message and story, create their signature talks, and develop their thought leadership platforms. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power because it’s through women’s stories, voices, and visibility that we challenge the status quo and change existing systems. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/271
Download our FREE workbook on how to position yourself as a thought leader: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/guide/.
Join our Thought Leader Academy: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/academy/
Schedule a consult call with us to talk about creating your signature talk and thought leadership platform: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/contact.
Connect with Carol on LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 137: The Missing Ingredients in Your Stories
- Episode 193: Five Kinds of Stories to Share in Your Thought Leadership Content with Carol Cox
- Episode 241: The Expert Trap: What Holds Women Back from Thought Leadership with Carol Cox
- Episode 259: Connecting Your Business and Your Thought Leadership with Carol Cox