Subscribe to the podcast!
You’re an expert in what you do: you have work experience, skills, knowledge, credentials, degrees.
You’re well regarded as an expert in your field.
You enjoy presenting and training in your area of expertise.
Being an expert is great for attracting clients who need your specialized services and for doing workshops and conference breakout sessions.
And it’s holding you back.
It’s holding you back from thought leadership: making a bigger and bolder impact, integrating meaning and mission into your business, and delivering speeches that are transformational and game-changing.
It’s holding you back from developing your full potential.
I call this “The Expert Trap” and, as women, we face this trap because of the society in which we live and how we’ve adapted to make careers and livelihoods for ourselves.
But, I believe we can do and be so much more – and we must if we want to make sure all of our rights are protected.
In this episode, I talk about:
- What it means to be a thought leader
- Why you would want to be a thought leader as the next stage of your evolution as an entrepreneur and speaker
- What “the expert trap” is
- Why women in particular get stuck in the expert trap
- What you can do to start shifting from expert to thought leader
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals clarify their brand message and story, create their signature talks, and develop their thought leadership platforms. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power because it’s through women’s stories and visibility that we challenge the status quo and change existing systems. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/241
Apply to join our Thought Leader Academy: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/academy/.
Schedule a consult call to talk about creating your signature talk and thought leadership platform: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/contact.
Connect on social:
- Carol on LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
- Carol on Instagram= https://www.instagram.com/carolmorgancox
- SYB on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS7AtXV0f_HL09mepAON65w/
Related Podcast Episodes: