Subscribe to the podcast!
For the past few episodes, we’ve talked about how you can monetize your speaking, whether it’s by getting paid a fee or generating leads and sales.
Have you thought about putting on your own live, in-person event as another way to monetize your speaking and business?
Notice that the title of this episode is “profits” (plural). That’s because, as you’ll hear, there are multiple benefits to you from putting on a live event.
My guest is Anna Seewald, who has built a community from her own podcast and Facebook group.
She decided at the end of 2018 that she was going to put on a live event in 2019.
In this episode, Anna and I talk about:
- Why she decided to host an in-person, one-day event
- The reality of breaking even on the event itself
- The profits you can make that are more than the money
- How Anna decided on her ticket prices
- Anna paid her speakers (yay!)
- Where most of her ticket sales came from – and the surprising role social media played
- Revenue streams from the event besides ticket sales
- Lessons learned for next time, including you being the keynote speaker
This episode is part of our Money series, episodes 132-136.
If you’re ready to position yourself as a paid speaker as well as generate more leads from your speaking engagements, join our Monetize Your Speaking online group coaching program.
This is a 3-month online, hands-on program that will help you find/refine your unique topic, create your speaking page, packages and fees, optimize your LinkedIn profile, improve your current presentation to make it more sales-driven, and position yourself as a premium speaker.
About My Guest: Anna Seewald, M.Ed is a Parent Educator, Keynote Speaker, Author and Host of The Authentic Parenting Podcast. With background in psychology and education, having worked with children for 18 years, today she helps conscious moms and dads to become calm and connected to themselves and their children through trauma-informed education. She believes in helping children by helping parents. She has a private practice that specializes in parent education, where she provides one-on-one parent coaching, parenting, court ordered, and co-parenting classes.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/135
Connect with Anna on her website: http://www.authenticparenting.com.
Listen to Anna’s podcast “Authentic Parenting”.
Join the free Speaking Your Brand community at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/join/ or text the word SPEAKING to 444-999.
Join the Monetize Your Speaking group coaching program at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/group.
Sign up for a Strategy Session at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy.
Create your signature talk or TEDx talk. Get all the details at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/coaching.
Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts and leave a review!
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 52: Producing Live Events to Showcase Your Business & Brand with Renee Warmack
- Episode 69: What Event Organizers Look for in Speakers with Erin Smith
- Episode 90: Hosting Your Own Workshop or Retreat with Blair Thielemier
- Episode 109: How to Put On a Winning Workshop with Carol Cox and Diane Diaz