Speaking at someone else’s event is great, but hosting your own workshop or retreat can be even better.
You get to control the content and you’re center stage as the host and presenter.
But, there’s also a lot that goes into planning a successful workshop or retreat that’s a full day or even two days.
My guest, Blair Green Thielemier, recently hosted her first one-day retreat (combination workshop and mastermind) at a hotel venue in Nashville.
Blair shares with us:
- Why she decided to have an in-person event when the rest of her (very successful) business has been entirely online
- How far in advance she started planning
- The marketing and sales strategies she used
- Why she selected that particular city and hotel
- How she planned the content
- Getting sponsors
- Lessons learned
- What she’s planning for her next retreat
About My Guest: Blair Green Thielemier, PharmD is an independent consultant pharmacist living in Arkansas with her husband and two children. Her latest project is hosting and producing pharmacy’s first virtual conference, the Elevate Pharmacy Virtual Summit in partnership with the NCPA Innovation Center. She is the founder of Pharmapreneur Academy, an online e-Course and Membership Community where she guides hundreds of pharmacist-entrepreneurs through the process and barriers of building advanced clinical services. She is the author of How to Build a Pharmacy Consulting Business and facilitates in-person Business Planning Workshops and Mastermind Retreats for female Pharmapreneurs across the country.
The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs and workshops at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Visit Blair’s website at https://www.btpharmacyconsulting.com/.
Join the free Speaking Your Brand community at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/join/ or text the word SPEAKING to 444-999.
Sign up for a Strategy Session at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy.
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 38: Hosting Local Workshops to Reach Your Ideal Clients with Valentina Escobar-Gonzalez
- Episode 44: The Ins and Outs of Virtual Summits with Jaime Slutzky
- Episode 52: Producing Live Events to Showcase Your Business & Brand with Renee Warmack