Subscribe to the podcast!
Creating and hosting your own local workshops can be a great way to add a revenue stream to your business and reach prospective clients who get to know you as an expert and then want to work with your further.
My guest is social media strategist Valentina Escobar-Gonzalez, who has built a good part of her business through local workshops, partnering with the chamber of commerce and SBA in her town.
We talk about how Valentina markets her workshops, how far in advance to advertise them, tips for effectively targeting Facebook ads, and using Twitter to connect with influencers and podcasters.
One of the workshops that Valentina offers is on social media for introverts. As an introvert and someone who doesn’t like to post a lot on social media, that really piqued my interest, so I have Valentina share some of her strategies with us.
About My Guest: Valentina Escobar-Gonzalez, MBA, founded Beyond Engagement: Social Media Solutions in January 2012 and hasn’t slowed down since. She has a passion for assisting small businesses grow their engagement levels with customers online with social media marketing. Valentina regularly speaks to business groups, associations, and organizations on using social media effectively.
- How to use Twitter and Instagram to connect with influencers and thought leaders in your field
- How long your workshop should be
- Importance of identifying your target market audience for workshops and Facebook ads
- How much to spend on Facebook ads and when to start promoting your event
- How local workshops can lead to higher paying on-site consultations
- Importance of doing old school things like sending thank you cards, birthday cards, and presents to clients – keeps you in the front of their mind
- Always be engaging with your current clients because most of your new clients will come from them
Valentina’s website = http://beyond-engagement.com/
Join the free Speaking Your Brand community at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/join/.
Say hi to me on Twitter @CarolMorganCox
Don’t forget to join the free Speaking Your Brand community. Get access by signing up here: