Subscribe to the podcast!
We hear the term “personal brand” a lot, but do we know exactly what it means and how to use our personal brand to get more speaking opportunities?
Imagine getting requests from organizers to speak at their conferences and events without you having to pitch them and, even better, getting paid speaking engagements.
That’s what having a powerful personal brand can do for you.
My guest in this episode, Diane Diaz, has experienced exactly that that as she’s built her personal brand both online and offline.
We talk about:
- What a personal brand is
- Ways to figure out what your personal brand is (i.e. how do others see you)
- How Diane has positioned herself as an expert and as a speaker over the past two years and the results she’s seen
- Specific strategies you can use to create a powerful personal brand (we even come up with an alliteration of 3 S’s!)
- Doing webinars for other people’s online communities
Be sure to also check out the Facebook Live video replay that Diane and I recently did on Leveraging LinkedIn for Speakers.
Plus, I have an exciting announcement that you’ll hear in this episode!
About My Guest: Diane Diaz is the founder of The Brand Teacher and a self-described brand geek. She uses her two decades of combined branding, marketing, and teaching experience to teach professionals and entrepreneurs how to define and build personal brands that will attract their dream jobs or clients so they can build careers or businesses they love. Diane also teaches branding classes at Full Sail University.
Diane has spoken on the topic of personal branding to organizations including NAWBO Orlando, International Coaching Federation, FemCity Orlando, Florida Trucking Association, Public Allies, Winter Park Chamber of Commerce, Women in Automotive, Indian American Chamber of Commerce, and Commercial Real Estate Women Orlando. She’s also been interviewed on numerous podcasts on the topic of personal branding.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs and workshops at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/106
Check out Diane’s website at http://www.thebrandteacher.com.
Watch the Facebook Live video replay on “Leveraging LinkedIn for Speakers.”
Sign up for a Strategy Session at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy.
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 2: Taking Your Speaking to the Next Level with Diane Diaz [Coaching]
- Episode 61: A Game Changer for Your Business and Presentations: Developing Your Own Framework
- Episode 68: Getting Paid to Speak and Negotiating Speaker Fees
- Episode 72: How to Speak Strategically for Better Business Results
- Episode 83: Collaborating to Expand Your Reach with Baily Hancock