Subscribe to the podcast!
How can you get your first paid speaking engagement? How do you figure out what to charge and how to negotiate?
In this episode, you’ll hear from 7 women entrepreneurs and speakers who share how they got their first paid speaking engagement.
I also share how I got my first paid gig for Speaking Your Brand and how I got paid to be a political analyst on TV news.
There are lots of great reasons to speak for free and I speak for free several times a year for:
- Brand awareness
- Credibility builder
- Lead generation
- In-kind exchange (ticket to conference)
However, it also feels really great to be paid to speak – plus it’s nice to have direct revenue for your time and effort.
As you listen to each speaker, see if you can spot the commonalities in their stories. I’ll share at the end what I see as the top takeaways.
The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs and workshops at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com
- Diane Diaz of The Brand Teacher
- Tara Lynn Foster
- Kate Ahl of Simple Pin Media
- Jan Bowen
- Lara Currie
- Jill Allison Bryan
- Dr. Carmen Landrau
Other Episodes Mentioned:
- Episode 45: Your Visibility Roadmap
- Episode 50: The 3 C’s of Visibility: What It Takes to Get Known
- Episode 2: [Coaching} Taking Your Speaking to the Next Level with Diane Diaz
- Episode 14: [Coaching] Shifting Your Presentation from Practical to Inspirational with Tara Lynn Foster
- Episode 19: How Publishing a Book Impacts Your Speaking Opportunities with Jan Bowen
- Episode 28: [Coaching] Networking the Right Way to Find Speaking Opportunities with Carmen Landrau
Sign up for a Strategy Session to work on your speaking delivery and stage presence at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy.