Subscribe to the podcast!
How can you expand your network and reach new people?
Collaborating with others who share a similar mission, vibe, and audience can be one of the best ways to do that.
But, how do you actually collaborate in a pre-planned way? What does that look like (webinars, FB Live, workshops, podcasts, etc.)? What does each person gain and, just as importantly, what does each person’s audience gain?
My guest today is Baily Hancock, a Collaboration Consultant who teaches people how to collaborate with their community to achieve their goals.
In this episode, Baily and I talk about:
- Tips for attending networking events, even if you’re an introvert
- Specific strategies and examples you can use to identify partners and reach out to them
- How to improve the likelihood that a potential partner will say “yes”
- Ideas for doing promotional partnerships that benefit both of you AND both of your communities
- The pros and cons (mostly cons) of being an affiliate for others
- The 20 speaking gigs Baily has done this year – why she does them and what she gets out of them
You’ll love Baily’s obvious passion and energy for collaboration and you’ll learn exactly what to do to get started.
Your homework is to identify someone in your network you can collaborate with and reach out to them to get the conversation started.
I met Baily through a mutual friend, Mia Scharphie, who introduced us (the power of collaboration!). Mia was on the podcast in episode 46 (We All Need a Wingwoman), which is an excellent companion episode to this one.
About My Guest: Baily Hancock is a Collaboration Consultant who teaches people how to collaborate with their community to achieve their goals, whether that’s making a career change or growing their business. A natural-born connector, Baily has spent her career growing and nurturing her network and finding ways to collaborate along the way. She works with entrepreneurs to help them amplify their company’s reach and influence with partnerships, and with professionals to help them find happiness and fulfillment in their careers. A self-described, “Type-A with a dash of woo”, Baily is equal parts strategic and supportive. Whether you’re coming to her in need of direction in your career or you’re looking for ways to make more revenue in your business, she’s got your back.
The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs and workshops at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com
Check out Baily’s podcast “The Baily Hancock Show”.
Join the free Speaking Your Brand community at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/join/ or text the word SPEAKING to 444-999.
Sign up for a Strategy Session at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy.
Subscribe to the podcast and leave a review!
Other Episodes and People Mentioned:
- Episode 46: We All Need a Wingwoman with Mia Scharphie
- Episode 34: Relationship Selling with Nikki Rausch
- Nikki Rausch’s blog/email newsletter as a great example of using stories
- Calendly.com for scheduling calls