Subscribe to the podcast!
This is one of the best conversations I’ve had about how to use social media effectively as a thought leader.
My guest is Tyrona (Ty) Heath, who is Director, Market Engagement, at The B2B Institute at LinkedIn.
You’re getting the inside scoop of the big picture of how to make the most of LinkedIn.
We get past the superficial tactics and really dig into what makes social media and LinkedIn in particular unique, how to showcase your body of work as a thought leader, and what your audience wants from you.
Ty and I talk about:
- The ways social media, and LinkedIn in particular, can be used for different goals (e.g., brand awareness, lead generation, thought leadership)
- What entrepreneurs often get wrong about using social media and LinkedIn effectively
- What’s working well on LinkedIn right now
- How LinkedIn content is similar or different from what other social media platforms prioritize (IG reels/stories, TikTok, etc.)
- The key ingredients to think about when posting content
This episode is part of the series we’ve been doing called “The Medium is the Message”.
Watch the video of our conversation:
About My Guest: Tyrona (Ty) Heath is Director, Market Engagement, The B2B Institute at LinkedIn. Ty is passionate about connecting people with information needed to make intelligent decisions, studying the future of B2B marketing and decision making. With research, she engages and educates the industry in partnership with the leading marketing effectiveness thinkers. This effort helps better define the category, so customers can drive growth through marketing. Marketers benefit from Ty’s marketing experience at Google, consulting within IBM and leading her own B2B consulting practice. Ty serves on the Digital Marketing Institute’s Global Advisory Council, on the Board of Directors for the American Advertising Federation and as an Adobe Insider with top executives and experts.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals clarify their brand message and story, create their signature talks, and develop their thought leadership platforms. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power because it’s through women’s stories and visibility that we challenge the status quo and change existing systems. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/256
Join our Thought Leader Academy: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/academy/
Ty’s website: https://tyronaheath.com/
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Carol Cox = https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
- Ty Heath (guest) = https://www.linkedin.com/in/tyronaheath
Related Podcast Episodes: