Subscribe to the podcast!
If you’ve been giving a presentation but you feel like what you do in your business isn’t well integrated into it and you aren’t getting the leads, clients, and referrals that you know you could, it’s time to stop giving that version and create one that gets you results.
In this on-air coaching call, I help my guest Melissa Bennett re-work her presentation to make it more impactful for her audience and for her business.
If you’ve listened to episode 57 on my story structure framework, you’ll see it put into action here.
There’s a way of integrating what you do through your experiences, client stories, and framework that’s much more effective than “selling from the stage” and you’ll hear how we do that with Melissa’s content.
About My Guest: Melissa Bennett is a writer, artist, seeker, and coach. She lives at The Watershed Farm just outside of Chattanooga, Tennessee, with her two young, energetic, wide-eyed, adventuresome boys (+ another on the way!) & life partner on this incredible journey, her husband David. Alongside her wise herd of equine partners, Melissa supports & empowers women just like YOU to move through fear and live a life of confidence, courage, & creative expression. Melissa also carries this wisdom of the Horse and healing powers of the Earth into her online offerings, which includes a women’s circle with highly personalized monthly gift boxes, ritual kits, group and private coaching, and spiritual guidance to women who are dedicated to showing up for themselves, owning their power, and playing bigger in their own lives and in their communities.
The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs and workshops at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
- How Melissa can open her presentation to create connection and trust with her audience
- Understanding the obstacles or objections your audience may have
- Finding your a-ha moment and teasing it at the beginning of your talk to keep your audience interested
- The importance of adding your stories and client examples into your presentations
- Include the transformation that happens as a result of people working with you
- What to do if no one in the audience wants to share
Connect with Melissa on her website and get her free gifts at http://thewatershedfarm.com/freegifts
Other episodes mentioned:
- Episode 57: How to Use Simple Story Structure to Create Compelling Content – Includes the free Story Structure Framework you can download
- Episode 59: Why You Shouldn’t Sell from the Stage – and What to Do Instead
- Episode 61: A Game Changer for Your Business and Presentations: Developing Your Own Framework
- Episode 60: Finding Your Presentation’s Spine and Why It Absolutely Needs One – Includes the free Feedback Form PDF you can download