Subscribe to the podcast!
Have you ever had a vulnerability hangover?
I know I have, including just last month, along with other times this year after recording particular podcast episodes or writing emails to our list.
A vulnerability hangover is that feeling of regret or uncertainty after you share something that’s personal or something that could be considered controversial.
I’ve been thinking about vulnerability hangovers as we’re preparing the speakers for our virtual summit that’s coming up live on October 15.
I’m in awe of the emotional resonance of the personal stories they’re sharing and the journeys they’re going to take us on.
I know it’s not easy to open yourself up like that, so in this episode I share six strategies you can use to lessen the impact of vulnerability hangovers.
You may have guessed that there is no “cure” other than not being vulnerable in the first place. You may save yourself a hangover, but you – and your audience – will lose out on the benefits of being vulnerable.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What a vulnerability hangover is and why we feel them
- The benefits of being vulnerable for both you and your audience
- 6 specific strategies you can use to lessen vulnerability hangovers
I’d love to hear if you have other strategies you use! Email me at email@example.com or connect with me on Instagram or LinkedIn.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals clarify their brand message and story, create their signature talks, and develop their thought leadership platforms. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power because it’s through women’s stories and visibility that we challenge the status quo and change existing systems. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/192
Register for our one-of-a-kind live virtual summit on October 15: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/summit/
Get on the interest list for our new Thought Leader Academy for Women Entrepreneurs: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/academy
Connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
Connect on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/carolmorgancox/
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 92: Deconstructing My TEDx Talk: Why We’re Uncomfortable with Women in Power
- Episode 97: Thinking Bigger – I Get Coached On-Air by Geraldine Carter
- Episode 118: Push Past Your Speaking Plateau
- Episode 175: The Work of Anti-Racism as White Women with Carol Cox and Diane Diaz
- Episode 185: My Journey as a Thought Leader and How We’re Evolving at Speaking Your Brand with Carol Cox [Thought Leadership Series]