Subscribe to the podcast!
I’m obsessed with the book “Clockwork” by Mike Michalowicz (who also wrote “Profit First”). I read it the first weekend it came out last fall and it has revolutionized the way I look at my business.
When a mutual colleague offered to connect me with Adrienne Dorison, the co-founder of Run Like Clockwork™, I jumped at the chance to have her on the podcast.
As an entrepreneur, one of your most important roles is being the face and voice of your business, which means speaking at conferences and events, being a guest on podcasts and in other people’s groups, and appearing in the media.
However, I see this a lot with colleagues and clients: When they started their business, they had time for speaking and visibility. Then, as as they approach years 2, 3, 4 in their business, they are incredibly busy doing the work as their sales grow (those visibility seeds they planted in the beginning are paying off!). The problem is that now they’re neck deep in the business so they don’t have much time for speaking and visibility, which means they’re losing out on this proven marketing channel.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Designing your business with operational efficiency
- How you as the business owner are oftentimes the bottleneck
- Specific tips on how to hand off work to others → this will give you more time for speaking and visibility
- Giving team members ownership for decision making
- How to do a time analysis so you can see where you’re spending your time and how to improve it
- The kinds of speaking engagements Adrienne does
About My Guest: Adrienne Dorison is the Co-Founder of Run Like Clockwork™ alongside of author + speaker, Mike Michalowicz. Run Like Clockwork equips CEO’s to design a business + team that can run itself. Adrienne has helped hundreds of business leaders + teams — from Fortune 500 corporations to fast-growth startups — to expand their profit margins, cut their costs + take an unplugged vacation. She’s personally passionate about baking in generosity into business models, + believes when we earn more money, we can give more. Adrienne lives in St. Petersburg, Florida with her husband + their 2 dogs.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs and workshops at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/111
Learn about Run Like Clockwork’s resources and programs at https://www.runlikeclockwork.com/.
Purchase the book “Clockwork” (I can’t recommend it highly enough!).
Get the free time tracking spreadsheet Adrienne mentioned.
Join the free Speaking Your Brand community at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/join/ or text the word SPEAKING to 444-999.
Sign up for a Strategy Session at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy.
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 43: How Speaking Can Grow (or Derail) Your Business with Amber De La Garza
- Episode 61: A Game Changer for Your Business and Presentations: Developing Your Own Framework
- Episode 72: How to Speak Strategically for Better Business Results
- Episode 79: How to Develop the Shape of Your Framework for Your Presentations with Coryne Forest [Coaching]