Subscribe to the podcast!
What happens when your entire business is in person, from meeting with clients to speaking, and the pandemic hits and that’s no longer possible?
My guest is Dr. Bibi Pirayesh, who is an educational therapist in the Los Angeles area. Bibi faced this in mid-March when California closed the schools and issued their stay-at-home order.
Bibi was in our Master Your Speaking program and went through our Webinar Idea to Launch program.
In this episode, Bibi and I talk about:
- How she came up with her webinar topic (that’s different from her signature talk)
- Doing a webinar for the first time (!)
- The initial challenges with running her business virtually
- Her signature talk topic around social justice, difference, and education
- How this idea of difference relates to societal systems and the gift that those who don’t fit the mold offer us
About My Guest: Dr. Bibinaz Pirayesh is an educational therapist based in Los Angeles. Her K-12 education was spread across 3 countries, exposing her to many different curriculums and philosophies of education. She completed her Bachelor’s degree at the University of Pittsburgh in Neuroscience and Education. She holds a Master’s degree from Columbia University where she studied Developmental Psychology in Education with a primary focus on children’s development of mathematical thinking. Her own scholarship is concerned with the ethical and social justice implications that arise at the intersection of brain science and education. She is also Faculty at the School of Education at Loyola Marymount University.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/173
Bibi’s website: https://www.laeducationaltherapy.com/
Join our “Webinar Idea to Launch” LIVE online program: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/work-with-us/launch/
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Carol Cox = https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
- Dr. Bibi Pirayesh (guest) = https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-bibi-pirayesh-b771331/
Related Podcast Episodes: