Subscribe to the podcast!
Starting with this episode, the next 5 episodes will be related to confidence: from putting yourself out there to pitch for speaking gigs, to conquering a fear of public speaking, to standing on stage and delivering your talks with presence and poise.
This episode kicks off this series by talking about what confidence is, my own ups and downs with confidence, and specific strategies you can use to increase your confidence.
Although power posing is great (I recommend it!), we’re going deeper than that – much deeper to discuss:
- Why we lack confidence in the first place
- Why confidence is attractive
- What we gain by being confident
- More importantly, what our audience gains from our confidence
- How we can develop confidence
- Examples from my own experience and from some of our clients
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/127
Get on the interest list for the Master Your Speaking group coaching program at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/mastery.
Sign up for a Strategy Session at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy.
Create your signature talk or TEDx talk. Get all the details at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/coaching.
Say hi to me on Instagram and Twitter: @CarolMorganCox.
Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts and leave a review!
- Book “Alter Ego” by Todd Herman
- Book “City of Girls” by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Vanity Fair article on Star Wars
- Article on Digital Influencers
- Nancy Ganzekaufer
- My FB Live with Nancy (lots of public speaking tips!)
- Alyx Gardner, HouseMacros.com
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 66:Mastering Your Speaking Style and Stage Presence with Carol Cox
- Episode 94: Speaking and Showing Up Powerfully as Women with Molly Baker McPherson
- Episode 101: Public Speaking Trends for 2019
- Episode 108: NLP Can Make You a Better Speaker with Candice Czaplak
- Episode 118: Push Past Your Speaking Plateau
Leave a Comment