Subscribe to the podcast!
Have you struggled to figure out what to say, whether it’s on a social media post or in a presentation?
Have you stopped yourself from sharing something because you weren’t sure what the reaction would be?
Do you feel like there’s something deeper, more meaningful, more impactful you want to say, but you haven’t quite been able to tease it out?
Do you feel stuck in your business and marketing and haven’t been able to break through the online noise?
As business owners, we’re used to being marketers: crafting a message that appeals to a customer market to help them where they’re at and where they see *they* want to go.
Being a thought leader is different: it requires you to push your audience (and yourself) to go somewhere new.
This can feel scary and it’s normal to have fears come up: fear of criticism, rejection, ostracism (we’re human, after all).
But, the rewards are well worth it!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The differences between being a business owner, a marketer, and a thought leader
- Why it’s hard to speak up and say what we want to say – and techniques to change this
- 5 questions to ask yourself to find your voice
- 3 things you can do now to start putting it into practice
- Examples to inspire you
This episode is the audio from the recent webinar we did.
Watch the video recording with the slides at https://www.crowdcast.io/e/syb-find-your-voice.
This episode is the second in our podcast series on “Finding Your Voice.”
Need help to find your voice and put together a powerful message? Work with us to create your signature talk, which you can use for presentations, webinars, workshops, marketing materials, and more. Get the details and pricing and apply online at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/coaching/.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox, joined in this episode by our top speaking coach Diane Diaz. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/180
View the video of our webinar at https://www.crowdcast.io/e/syb-find-your-voice.
Connect on LinkedIn:
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 91: Visibility Works: From Local Speaking to TED.com to a Book with Tammy Lally
- Episode 98: Expanding Your Personal Story into a Universal Message with Nicole Rochester, M.D.
- Episode 162: Why We’re #ChoosingWomensVoices – and You Should Too with Carol Cox and Diane Diaz
- Episode 163: A Feminist Approach to Public Speaking with Carol Cox
- Episode 179: The Deep Truths You and Your Brand Need to Say with Rebeca Arbona [Finding Your Voice Series]