Subscribe to the podcast!
How can you get selected to speak at an event? What do event organizers look for in speakers?
My guest is Kelly Youngs, the founder of global women’s network She Is Fierce!, which puts on in-person and virtual events.
Kelly and I talk about:
- Her background in traditional media as a producer for CNN International
- The balance between inspirational speakers and expertise speakers
- What kinds of speakers are inspiring to us
- How to be an inspiring speaker if you don’t have a traumatic event or challenge that’s happened to you
- How she curates the content and speakers for her events
- The VIP Day she has coming up to work with me on her new keynote
I’ll be speaking (in person!) at Kelly’s She is Fierce! Summit this September 22-24, 2021, in St. Augustine, Florida. Join me there! Get the details at https://sheisfiercehq.com/summit.
This episode is the last in our current podcast series we’re doing called Speaking Prep as we return to in-person speaking engagements post-COVID. Yay!
About My Guest: Kelly Youngs is the founder of global women’s network She Is Fierce!, an Emmy-nominated Executive Producer, and a Brand Development Consultant. She has been the creative and strategic lead on many award-winning TV, digital and press projects. Before founding She Is Fierce!, Kelly was the VP of Legacy Events & Entertainment, where she helped develop and bring to life Glory Days, an Emmy-nominated TV program featuring legendary professional athletes from the Dallas Cowboys and Chicago Bears teams. She has also been a Senior Producer at CNN International’s London Bureau where she oversaw digital engagement pursuits; innovation with new technologies and social media on TV and online, development and editorial management of the CNNMobile.com site, management of CNN’s video syndication in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and built yearly strategies and roadmaps for new media development. She has a Master’s Degree in Media Practice from Sydney University and a Bachelor’s Degree from Stetson University. In academia, she taught Communications at Flagler College for five years.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals clarify their brand message and story, create their signature talks, and develop their thought leadership platforms. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power because it’s through women’s stories and visibility that we challenge the status quo and change existing systems. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/231
Kelly’s website = https://sheisfiercehq.com/
The Success Summit (Sept. 22-24, 2021) = https://sheisfiercehq.com/summit
Take the free Passion & Purpose Challenge = https://sheisfiercehq.com/passion
Download our FREE workbook on how to position yourself as a thought leader: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/guide/.
Schedule a consult call with us to talk about creating your signature talk and thought leadership platform: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/contact.
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Carol Cox = https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
- Kelly Youngs (guest) = https://www.linkedin.com/in/fiercekellyyoungs/
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 205: The 4 Types of Talks You Need as a Speaker and Thought Leader with Carol Cox and Diane Diaz [Goals & Planning Series]
- Episode 206: Trends in Public Speaking and Thought Leadership for 2021 with Carol Cox
- Episode 219: Identifying and Pitching Places to Speak with Carol Cox and Diane Diaz