Subscribe to the podcast!
Should you give an instructional or an inspirational talk?
You probably think I’m going to say that the answer is “It depends,” but I’m not.
I think the real question behind this question is you want to know what kind of content to present to the audience.
You’re not sure if they want to learn specific strategies and tactics and how-to’s (instructional) or if they want what we would call a motivational speaker (inspirational).
You want to make sure the audience is happy and has their expectations met, and, yes, you need to provide relevant content that’s valuable to them.
But, I also want the speaking engagement to have an ROI for you – to clearly connect to your business so that the audience understands what you do, who you do it for, and how you help them get specific results.
In this episode, I share what many speakers and workshop facilitators are missing and how you can integrate this critical piece into your presentations.
I also explain 6 types of presentations and what goes into each one.
Get the free PDF to Make Your Content E.P.I.C.
- Pamela Cox of https://pamelacoxwellness.com/
- Janna Lundquist of https://www.jannalundquist.com/
- Geraldine Carter of https://focusedbizcoaching.com/
Other episodes mentioned:
- Episode 50 on The 3 C’s of Visibility: What It Takes to Get Known
- Episode 30 on How to Become a Sought-After, Stand-Out Speaker
- Episode 25 on Why You Need a Signature Talk for Your Business
Amy Cuddy’s TED Talk
Join the free Speaking Your Brand community at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/join/ or text the word SPEAKING to 444-999.
Ready to create your signature talk? Learn more here.