Subscribe to the podcast!
Hosting your own event can be incredibly valuable for you and your business.
It can position you as an expert and authority in the topic of your event; it can expand your visibility to new audiences; and it can build your email list and bring in revenue.
There are different types of events you can host: live vs. pre-recorded; one day vs. multiple days; online or in person.
Here at Speaking Your Brand, we hosted our Brave. Bold. Beyond. Live Virtual Summit in April 2021 and in October 2020. We chose to do it live on one day: all of our speakers delivered their talks live on the day of the event.
My colleague and business coach Lisa Princic took a different approach to the summit she hosted in February (called The Profitable Membership Summit): hers was pre-recorded presentations and interviews, with some live components, over a period of a few days.
I invited Lisa on to the podcast to talk about:
- The specific goals she had for her summit
- Why she decided to structure hers the way she did
- How she chose her speakers and curated the content
- The price points she had and why she decided to charge more than others typically do
- The results she got
- Changes she’ll make for next time
About My Guest: Lisa Princic helps impact-driven business owners dive deep into their unique value and business models to build sustainable & profitable brands. She helps them simplify their offers, increase their visibility with bolder messaging, strengthen and deepen their marketing systems and scale with membership programs. She is a trained business strategist and the host of the Scaling Deep Podcast. Lisa is a results-oriented, deep thinker who has a knack for “seeing” the value of each business and turning that into a pipeline of ideal clients. A staunch believer in business simplicity and intention, Lisa helps her clients accomplish their goals by focusing on what to do AND what to ignore.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals clarify their brand message and story, create their signature talks, and develop their thought leadership platforms. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power because it’s through women’s stories and visibility that we challenge the status quo and change existing systems. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/223
Listen to Lisa’s podcast “Scaling Deep”: https://scalingdeep.com/podcast/
My episode 111 on Scaling Deep: https://scalingdeep.com/thought-leader-carol-cox/
Schedule a consult call with us to talk about creating your signature talk: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/contact.
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Carol Cox = https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
- Lisa Princic (guest) = https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisaprincic/
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 12: Defining Your Value Proposition for Marketing with More Heart and Less Hustle with Lisa Princic
- Episode 142: Positioning Your Brand for Business Growth with Lisa Princic [Leadership Series]
- Episode 174: Hosting Your Own Virtual Summit with Dr. Holly Tucker
- Episode 189: Behind the Scenes of Planning Our Virtual Summit with Carol Cox and Diane Diaz [Use Your Voice Series]
- Episode 196: Why Our Summit Was the Best Virtual Event Experience People Have Had with Carol Cox and Diane Diaz