Subscribe to the podcast!
We’re continuing our podcast series to help you Level Up Your Speaking in 2024.
As you work to build your speaker brand and begin applying and pitching to speak at more events and conferences, there are two things that will be helpful for you to have – one is a speaker video reel and the other is a speaker page on your website.
You want to make sure your speaker reel and your speaker page showcase you in the best light and attract event organizers to book you (and pay you!).
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why you need a speaker video reel and how you can use it
- Tips for creating an effective speaker reel that helps you reach your speaking goals
- Specific things to include in your speaker reel so that it showcases you in the best possible light
- Why you need a speaking page on your website
- The key ingredients you should include on your speaker page
- One thing in particular to include on your speaker page that’s a bit controversial
If you want to get video of your speaking that you can use for your speaker reel and on your speaker page, then come to our 3-day in-person client retreat in February in Orlando.
You’ll go through exercises and trainings to help you be a stronger and more impactful speaker and you’ll get hands on feedback on your delivery, storytelling, stage presence, and more.
On Day 3, you get professional filming of the speaking segments you’ve been practicing on our stage and you get an edited video for your speaker reel.
Get all the details and apply today at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/retreat/.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. This episode is hosted by our lead speaking coach, Diane Diaz. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals clarify their brand message and story, create their signature talks, and develop their thought leadership platforms. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power because it’s through women’s stories, voices, and visibility that we challenge the status quo and change existing systems. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/371/
Discover your Speaker Archetype by taking our free quiz at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/quiz/
Attend our in-person Client Retreat Speaking Intensive in February in Orlando: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/retreat/
Enroll in our Thought Leader Academy: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/academy/
Connect on LinkedIn:
Example Video Reels:
- Carol Cox = https://youtu.be/LSInfazf_-w?si=SNk1RQI6F0aQwBaU
- Diane Diaz = https://youtu.be/v0Iz33TmqpQ
- Katie Anderson (client) = https://youtu.be/ij8QykbNQLE?si=UBOIy6Re8Npw015i
Example Speaker Pages:
- Carol Cox = https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/about/carol-cox/speaking/
- Diane Diaz = https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/about/speaking-diane-diaz/
- Katie Anderson (client) = https://kbjanderson.com/speaker/
- Sharon Ehrlich (client) = https://livingwhileleading.com/speaker/
- Brenda Reiss (client) = https://brendareisscoaching.com/speaking/
Related Podcast Episodes: