Subscribe to the podcast!
Happy New Year! This is the 6th year in a row I’ve done a trends episode for the start of the year.
Trends are like currents or waves of energy that move through our society and affect everything from business and politics and the economy to popular culture and media.
As speakers, entrepreneurs, and thought leaders, these trends will impact our thought leadership, our content, and our marketing.
In this episode, you’ll learn 3 trends I’ve identified that are shaping our world:
- Big changes in social media platforms as the premise of social media shifts from connection to entertainment and it becomes harder to tell what’s real and what’s not
- The continued rise and more ubiquitous usage of generative AI tools like ChatGPT plus images, video, and voice
- The internet as a whole is changing, becoming more fragmented and siloed, with network effects accruing to people and brands who already have large followings
I also share specific action steps you can take:
- Develop a clear and distinct brand voice
- Imbue your content with soul
- Focus more on in-person experiences and events
As a speaker, you are well positioned to connect with your audiences in a deeper and more human way.
Want to develop your speaking skills, thought leadership, and signature talk?
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals clarify their brand message and story, create their signature talks, and develop their thought leadership platforms. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power because it’s through women’s stories, voices, and visibility that we challenge the status quo and change existing systems. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/366/
Discover your Speaker Archetype by taking our free quiz at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/quiz/
Enroll in our Thought Leader Academy: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/academy/
Attend our 3-day in-person Client Retreat Speaking Intensive in February in Orlando: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/retreat/
Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 340: Can I Tell It’s You? What a Brand Voice Is and Why You Need One
- Episode 327: From Expert to Thought Leader: 3 Key Strategies You Need Now to Set Yourself Apart in Our New AI-Driven World
- Episode 313: How to Thrive in the Age of A.I.
- YouTube live stream with realistic AI avatar = https://www.youtube.com/live/VH1rOylsoMo?si=1PpvUCqchdRCb0o0&t=540
- “Nobody Knows What’s Happening Online Anymore” by Charlie Warzel (The Atlantic)
- “TikTok is eating microblogging as we’ve always known it” by Caroline Mimbs Nyce (The Atlantic)
- “Is Social Media Dying? What That Could Mean for Marketers” by Lestraundra Alfred (HubSpot)
- “Neil Gaiman’s Radical Vision for the Future of the Internet” by Cal Newport