Subscribe to the podcast!
Why use story structure? Simple: It’s what makes us human.
You want to make sure the content you’re sharing is compelling, keeps your audience interested to the end, and invites them to take action, whether you’re hosting a podcast, being interviewed on one, or giving a presentation.
Our brains are hard-wired to understand and respond to story structure. Think about the fairy tales you read as a kid and your favorite books and movies.
Like a good movie or book, the content we create should have a beginning, middle, and end that takes the audience from the setup of the situation with tension (Act I) to the big idea/angle/process/solution (Act II) and finally to the resolution, reward, and next steps (Act III).
The framework I’ve created and describe in this episode is based on classic 3-act story structure and the hero’s journey but – this is key – applied in a business and marketing context, so that your audience understands what’s in it for them and the transformation you can help them achieve.
You can use this framework when:
- Outlining solo podcast episodes
- Interviewing guests
- Knowing which stories to share when you’re being interviewed
- Speaking at groups, conferences, and workshops
This episode also marks my 1-year anniversary podcasting! I’ve enjoyed it tremendously, greatly appreciate all of you listeners, and am excited to continue to provide you with interesting and relevant content to help you on your speaking journey.
- A straightforward step-by-step framework on how to use 3-Act story structure in your presentations, podcast episodes, and interviews
- How to select the best kinds of stories to share and to ask your guests
- How to tell stories in a way that advance the content and the points you’re making
- Understanding why it’s crucial to realize and convey that you are not the hero of the story
- How to create a story bank
Join the free Speaking Your Brand community at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/join/ or text the word SPEAKING to 444-999.
Sign up for a Strategy Session at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy.
Ready to create your signature talk? Email me at email@example.com and we’ll set up a time to chat.
Say hi to me on Twitter @CarolMorganCox
Don’t forget to join the free Speaking Your Brand community. Get access by signing up here: