Subscribe to the podcast!
“The more you speak, the more you understand yourself and your audience.”
I love this quote from my guest Dr. Zoe Shaw.
Zoe is a psychotherapist, coach, podcaster, and speaker, whom I have known for the past few years as I’ve seen her speaking career grow.
You’ll get a lot out of our conversation!
Zoe and I talk about:
- How her speaking career got started
- How she got her first paid speaking engagement
- How speaking led to Zoe getting her first book contract
- Why Zoe has decided to re-brand her podcast and narrow her focus and audience to be more specific around faith and feminism
- How her hot seat in our mastermind has helped her to walk into her re-brand with confidence
- Setting speaking fees and deciding how many free speaking engagements to do each year
About My Guest: Dr. Zoe Shaw is a passionate practitioner in the field of clinical psychology. She is licensed as a psychotherapist and divides her time between her family life, clinical practice, virtual life and relationship coaching, speaking, writing and hosting her podcast (The Dr. Zoe Show). Dr. Zoe holds a doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Pepperdine University, a Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and a Bachelor’s degree in psychology from UCLA, where she also competed as a sprinter and hurdler. Dr. Zoe has been sought out as an expert and featured in Oprahmag.com, Prevention Magazine, Voyage LA Magazine and the Los Angeles APA magazine discussing issues relevant to women and psychology. Dr. Zoe has presented at the National APA Convention regarding racial identity development and has been a keynote speaker for various engagements, including the NAACP and U.S. Navy. She is author of A Year Of Self Care, published in 2021. She is currently writing her memoir.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals clarify their brand message and story, create their signature talks, and develop their thought leadership platforms. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power because it’s through women’s stories and visibility that we challenge the status quo and change existing systems. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/225
Zoe’s website: https://drzoeshaw.com/
Listen to Zoe’s podcast: https://drzoeshaw.com/podcast/
Schedule a consult call with us to talk about creating your signature talk and thought leadership platform: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/contact.
Connect on social media:
- Carol Cox on LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
- Dr. Zoe Shaw on LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/mwlite/in/dr-zoe-shaw-1409b5122
- Carol Cox on Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/carolmorgancox
- Dr. Zoe Shaw on Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/drzoeshaw