How can you reach your highest potential in speaking and in your business? What does it take to be the best you can be?
For many years, I felt that I had to learn and master anything I came across in my businesses, from coding and SEO to marketing and PR to graphic design, accounting, and contracts. Each of these areas are specialized and require not only certain skills but also constant upkeep. Sounds pretty crazy, right? But, I know many of you are trying to do this all as well.
The downside is that this is costing us – and in more ways than you may think.
In this episode, my guest Belinda Brown, an executive and leadership coach, shares how she helps her clients, many of whom are executives at large companies, reach their potential as individuals, as teams, and as an organization.
We take the three key areas Belinda focuses on – Uniqueness, Potential, and Equity – and apply it to you as a speaker and entrepreneur.
About My Guest: Belinda Brown brings extensive experience across multiple industries to her work in executive and leadership coaching. Her passion lies in empowering women and diverse leaders to BE who they are wherever they are so corporate cultures can shift and embrace feminine leadership and diversity development as powerful skills. She also consults with companies in the areas of organizational development, talent development and diversity management. Prior to her coaching and consulting work, Belinda spent over 15 years in roles in management and leadership roles European and American multinational organizations such as Carrefour, Renault, Brambles and Walt Disney Worldwide.
- Why Belinda decided she needed to create a signature talk for her business and why the VIP Day was a perfect fit for her personality
- The challenges Belinda sees that entrepreneurs face, especially in today’s social media world
- The pitfalls of focusing on trying to improve your weaknesses
- Assessments you can take to identify your strengths and unique traits
- Every person in a team and organization has a different potential level, but self-limitations often hold us back
- What happens when we try to use someone else’s speaking style
- If you would rate yourself as a 7 now for potential, what would it take to get to a 10: identify your goals, amplify your unique traits, be intentional, invest in improving your skills
- The difference between equity and equality – and why one is better than the other
- How you can get started today identifying your strengths and unique traits
Learn more about Belinda at http://www.belindamjbrown.com
Belinda’s podcast “Planting the Seeds for Change”
Assessments you can take to identify your strengths and unique traits (some are free and some have a fee):
Diane Diaz of The Brand Teacher (personal branding services and assessments)
Join the free Speaking Your Brand community at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/join/ or text the word SPEAKING to 444-999.
Sign up for a Strategy Session at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy
Ready to create your signature talk? Email me at email@example.com and we’ll set up a time to chat.
Say hi to me on Twitter @CarolMorganCox
Don’t forget to join the free Speaking Your Brand community. Get access by signing up here: