Shelli Warren of SheConnex spent 25 years as an executive leader and trainer at a Fortune 500 company and is now a success coach helping other women launch their own encore careers as entrepreneurs. I met Shelli through the mastermind we’re currently in together and have been so impressed with her wisdom and her fierce advocacy for women. Shelli is particularly good at creating local events to connect women with each other.
In this episode, Shelli and I strategize ways she can leverage podcasts as well as local speaking engagements and events to build her following and get more clients.
We talk about:
- Shelli’s career and why she decided to leave and start her own business
- The differences Shelli has seen between men and women getting promoted
- How Shelli helps her clients see the skills they have as transferable and marketable
- Shelli’s focus on local clients and speaking engagements
- Why Shelli should branch out from speaking to all women’s groups to co-ed groups too
- Shelli’s two different client avatars but the common need they share
- What to hand out at speaking engagements (not your business card!)
- How to most effectively pitch podcasters
You can connect with Shelli on her website at http://www.sheconnex.com. Be sure to sign up for her free SheLeads Success video series.
Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/sheconnex
Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/iamsheconnex/
Twitter = https://twitter.com/SheConnex
Join the free Speaking Your Brand community at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/join/.
Sign up for a strategy session at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy-session/.
Say hi to me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/carolmorgancox/.Check out this podcast: Attracting clients through speaking with @SheConnexClick To Tweet
Don’t forget to join the free Speaking Your Brand community. Get access by signing up here: