Subscribe to the podcast!
You’re going to love this episode with my guest and Thought Leader Academy grad Erica Hall!
If you’ve ever felt like you shouldn’t show your real personality to your audiences or that people expect you to be a certain type of person, this conversation is going to be validating and revealing.
Before we get to that part of the conversation, Erica shares her perspective on money mindset and money behaviors and the experiences that shaped her understanding of money.
This is why *who* you are and what you’ve *learned* are essential elements of your thought leadership.
We also dig into the power of frameworks and acronyms and Erica shares what she got out of being in the Thought Leader Academy.
- Erica’s perspective on money mindset and money behaviors
- How experiences Erica had when she was younger shaped her understanding of money behavior and led to her thought leadership
- The importance of having a framework, such as an acronym, in your talks and presentations
- Erica’s experience in our Thought Leader Academy, especially how helpful it was to learn our framework and have a repeatable process to use going forward
- How an offhand comment I made about my Enneagram number in a group call helped Erica understand that she can lean into her natural personality and not have to be someone she’s not
This episode is part of our new podcast series called “Level Up Your Speaking.”
Want to develop your speaking skills, thought leadership, and signature talk?
About My Guest: Erica Hall brings a uniquely relaxed and engaging touch to the realm of personal finance. Her expertise shines in demystifying complex financial topics for busy women, transforming them into easy-to-understand, actionable steps. Far from the typical financial guidance, Erica’s approach is all about making budgeting and money management approachable and achievable. She’s deeply committed to helping her clients break free from unproductive financial habits, guiding them towards building sustainable and healthy financial practices. Erica’s passion extends to nurturing a legacy of sound financial habits, empowering her clients to instill these values in their children. With her at your side, personal finance becomes less of a burden and more of a rewarding journey, leading to a future where financial wellness and enjoyment go hand in hand.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals clarify their brand message and story, create their signature talks, and develop their thought leadership platforms. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power because it’s through women’s stories, voices, and visibility that we challenge the status quo and change existing systems. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/368/
Erica’s website: https://worthplotting.com/
Discover your Speaker Archetype by taking our free quiz at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/quiz/
Enroll in our Thought Leader Academy: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/academy/
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Carol Cox = https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
- Erica Hall (guest) = https://www.linkedin.com/in/erica-hall-mba-5288531a/
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 363: From Burned Out to Lit Up: How Cara Houser Turned Her Signature Talk into a Best-Selling Book with Cara Houser
- Episode 353: The Power of Frameworks: How Sharon Ehrlich Found Her Voice and Message with Sharon Ehrlich
- Episode 343: Why YOU are the Messenger for Your Idea and Audience
- Episode 274: The Key to Booking More Speaking Engagements with Sarah Lynn Wallace (Enneagram coach)