Subscribe to the podcast!
Join me for an insightful conversation with my guest Latesha Byrd, a speaker, podcaster, and the founder of Byrd Career Consulting, a consulting agency that provides professional and executive career coaching.
Latesha and I talk about:
- Figuring out what you want to be known for
- The identity shift that Latesha went through when she left one career to go into an entirely different field
- Why and how Latesha re-birthed her own brand and what the results have been
- Mindset strategies we can use to put ourselves out there: “Marry the process, not the outcome”
- Really good tips on how Latesha diversifies her social media content
- How Latesha gets speaking engagements and how she handles requests for free speaking
- Pricing and negotiating your speaking fees
Join Our Challenge!
Women’s voices should carry equal weight, authority, and expertise. Join us in the #ChoosingWomensVoices 7-day challenge to bring awareness to and expand who we listen to, from podcasts and books to news, movies, and more. Sign up for free at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/challenge/ or text the word SPEAKING to 33-777.
About My Guest: As a career designer, speaker and consultant, Latesha Byrd – Founder and CEO of Byrd Career Consulting, is on a mission to help millennial professionals turn their dreams into careers that will allow them to live life on their own terms. Her work is centered at the intersection of career empowerment and life visioning. She founded Byrd Career Consulting, a consulting agency that provides resume makeovers, LinkedIn makeovers, interview coaching and executive career coaching. She partners with professional organizations, nonprofits, universities and corporations to deliver keynotes and workshops centered around people engagement and upward mobility, and provides coaching, with a range of clients including Black Enterprise, United Negro College Fund, Wake Forest University and the Urban League. She’s also an Adjunct Faculty at the North Carolina A&T State University, and a Certified Life and Career Coach. She also hosts a weekly career advice podcast with Living Corporate, The Link Up With Latesha.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/161
Latesha’s website: https://www.lateshabyrd.com/
Living Corporate, a podcast for black and brown professionals at work.
Sign up for our 7-day challenge #ChoosingWomensVoices at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/challenge or text the word SPEAKING to 33-777.
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Carol Cox = https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
- Diane Diaz = https://www.linkedin.com/in/dianediaz
- Latesha Byrd (guest) = https://www.linkedin.com/in/lateshabyrd/
Connect on Twitter:
- Carol Cox = https://www.twitter.com/carolmorgancox
- Latesha Byrd (guest) = https://www.twitter.com/latesha_byrd
Related Podcast Episodes: