Subscribe to the podcast!
Since we’re in the month of February, I figured it was a good time to talk about finding the emotional heart of your message.
As speakers, we can get so focused on the information we want to share that we neglect emotions and feelings and making a heart-to-heart connection with the people in our audiences.
If you want your talk to be memorable and impactful and you want to become a keynote speaker, be on bigger stages, deliver a powerful TEDx talk, you need to have an emotional heart to your message.
In this episode, I’m going to share:
- What I mean by the emotional heart of your message
- Examples ranging from Eliza Hamilton to Taylor Swift to a recent workshop I facilitated on storytelling
- You’ll hear a clip from my keynote about what happens when we find resistance in our purpose
- Question prompts to help you find the emotional heart of your message
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals clarify their brand message and story, create their signature talks, and develop their thought leadership platforms. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power because it’s through women’s stories, voices, and visibility that we challenge the status quo and change existing systems. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/263/
Download our FREE workbook on how to position yourself as a thought leader: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/guide/.
Apply for our Thought Leader Academy: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/academy/
Schedule a consult call with us to talk about creating your signature talk and thought leadership platform: https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/contact.
Taylor Swift on SNL: https://youtu.be/nJr_8l0AEWE
Connect on social:
- Carol on LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
- Carol on Instagram= https://www.instagram.com/carolmorgancox
Related Podcast Episodes: