I gave this presentation on E.P.I.C. content 4 times to 4 different groups in a recent 2-week period. Whew!
In this episode, you’ll hear the presentation itself as well as why I decided to include certain things, like video and music clips.
Why this topic?
Business storytelling has been all the rage for the past few years: we’ve been told to share stories in our presentations, on our websites, and on social media about our companies, our customers, and our team members.
But, for the most part, these stories have fallen flat and no longer have the novelty they once did.
A bunch of random stories included here and there or sharing your personal bio or your business origin story isn’t enough.
Too much content that’s created, whether it’s presentations, videos, podcasts, articles, or social media, is uninspired, undifferentiated, and unmemorable.
How can you attract and retain your audience? How can you avoid getting into – or get out of – a rut of routine, unoriginal, and tired content?
Your content and your presentations need to be E.P.I.C.
In this episode, you’ll learn what E.P.I.C. stands for, how to use it for your content and presentations, and the transformation you’ll see for yourself and those you serve.→ Get the free PDF to Make Your Content E.P.I.C.
→ Need help creating your E.P.I.C. presentation? Schedule a free consultation call to learn how we can work together.
Clips Mentioned in the Presentation:
- Nike “Dream Crazier” Ad
- Bohemian Rhapsody movie and song
- Tammy Lally’s TEDx talk on Money Shame
- Simon Sinek’s TEDx talk on Start with Why
- Switched on Pop podcast episode 91
- We Will Rock You song
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs and workshops at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Join the free Speaking Your Brand community at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/join/ or text the word SPEAKING to 444-999.
Sign up for a Strategy Session at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy.
Related Podcast Episodes:
- Episode 54: Building a Culture of Trust with Your Team and Audience with Dr. Laura Gallaher
- Episode 57: How to Use Simple Story Structure to Create Compelling Content
- Episode 76: Why the Stories We Tell Matter with Leena Nasser
- Episode 82: [Coaching] How to Create an Emotional Connection with Your Audience with Leanne Kabat
- Episode 92: Deconstructing My TEDx Talk: Why We’re Uncomfortable with Women in Power
- Episode 97: Thinking Bigger: I Get Coached On-Air by Geraldine Carter
- Episode 101: Public Speaking Trends for 2019