Subscribe to the podcast!
We’re continuing our series on Frameworks with a deep dive into how my guest and her business partner created their framework, from idea to testing with clients to writing a book.
My guest is Danya Shea, who is the co-founder of FervorWorks, a think tank that helps companies achieve exponential growth and scalability.
How do they help companies do this? With what they call Radical Customer Empathy.
What is Radical Customer Empathy? You’ll learn about it in this episode, as well as how Shea has successfully used their framework to attract different types of clients, from software start-ups to mid-tier consumer goods companies.
Shea and I talk about:
- What Radical Customer Empathy is (you can use this in your business too)
- Examples of 3 different stages of companies with which Shea has used her framework
- How having a replicable, scalable, and predictable framework has been beneficial to the growth of her company, including in the sales process and for attracting speaking opportunities
- How she came up with and tested the framework, including their Ideal Customer Journey
This episode is part of our series on Frameworks, episodes 145-148.
NEW! We’ve created a LinkedIn for Speakers online masterclass so you can leverage the power of LinkedIn to land speaking gigs, build your brand, and grow your business.
In this video masterclass, you’ll learn the 3 C’s:
- Copy = Write copy for your LinkedIn profile that optimizes your profile for search and gets you found by your ideal clients
- Content = Create and share content on the LinkedIn platform that enhances your profile and brand, positions you as a thought leader in your industry, and gets your LinkedIn presence in front of more of your ideal audience
- Connections = Mine the data on the LinkedIn platform to grow your network, nurture your connections, and build your know, like, trust factor
Get instant access to the masterclass at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/linkedin.
About My Guest: Danya Shea is co-founder of FervorWorks and is your on-call market-acquisition strategist and technologist. As an advocate and activist, she stays on top of rapidly changing trends in consumer behavior and expectations. Keeping objectives in full-view, she insists data be meaningful and clear to support rapid decision-making. Shea’s leadership and teaching on empathy in business and modern business design has earned her recognition by the Orlando Business Journal as one of twelve 2016 Economic Game Changers, Women Who Means Business and a 2015 Top 40 Under 40.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/147
Connect with Shea on her website at https://www.fervorworks.com/.
Get Shea’s book “Radical Customer Empathy” at https://www.fervorworks.com/book.
Hidden Brain episode “Empathy Gym” = https://www.npr.org/2019/07/22/744195502/you-2-0-the-empathy-gym
Get on the interest list for our Master Your Speaking group coaching program at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/mastery.
Sign up for a Strategy Session to find your framework at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy.
Create your signature talk or TEDx talk. Get all the details at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/coaching.
Connect with me on LinkedIn.
Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts and leave a review!
Related Podcast Episodes: