Subscribe to the podcast!
I don’t know about you, but for the past week, I’ve been checking the NYT website and my Twitter feed WAY too many times a day, as we all struggle to understand what the impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus) will have on us, our families, our businesses, and our communities.
My friend Puja Madan, who is an expert on mindful leadership for entrepreneurs and business executives, has been sharing really helpful posts and videos on LinkedIn.
I invited Puja for an impromptu conversation we recorded a few days ago to talk about:
- The two brains we have and deciding which will dominate
- As leaders, being mindful of and reducing emotional contagion and herd mentality
- As a speaker, specific strategies you can use when events you’re speaking at have been canceled or postponed
- How you can use this time for curiosity and creativity and being careful not to feel like you have to be especially “productive” or “efficient”
With many of us having speaking engagements and in-person workshops postponed, offering webinars or virtual workshops can be an excellent way to provide value to your audience.
You don’t have to start from scratch when creating your webinar content. Instead, repurpose your in-person presentation.
However, there are several important differences between in-person and virtual presentations.
Join us on our free live webinar where you’ll learn about:
- Selecting your webinar topic
- Structuring your webinar
- Avoiding content overload
- Keeping your audience engaged
- What to put on your slides and how many to have
- Tech and prep
- We’ll answer your questions too!
Register to join us live or get the recording at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/webinar/.
About My Guest: Puja Madan is the founder of The Mindfulness Map and an award-winning leadership coach and consultant. Her signature framework is designed to improve business performance and wellbeing at fast-growth companies using mindfulness, data and behavior analysis. Originally from India, Puja brings over 15 years of experience in business leadership and mindfulness to spark the full potential of leaders and organizations. Her work has been featured in the Huffington Post, Thrive Global and MindBodyGreen.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/164
Puja’s website: https://www.mindfulnessmap.com/
Connect on LinkedIn:
- Carol Cox = https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox
- Puja Madan (guest) = https://www.linkedin.com/in/pujamadan/
Get our LinkedIn for Speakers online masterclass at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/linkedin.
Join our Master Your Speaking program at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/mastery.
Related Podcast Episodes: