Subscribe to the podcast!
Ideas that come from innovation and creativity seem like they come out of nowhere, a flash of inspiration that hits you all of a sudden.
This can certainly happen, but in a business, innovation and creativity can – and should – be harnessed regularly to understand your customers, create new products, and find new market opportunities.
My guest is Sura Al-Naimi, who is a former Disney Global Innovation Officer at their internal think tank and now has her own company that helps startups and Fortune 100 organizations, including Hyperloop, Facebook, and Kaiser Permanente.
In her workshops and consulting, Sura helps teams get out of silos and risk-averse behavior to find a common language, toolkit, and mindset to unlock their creativity to solve problems.
And she does so using a framework.
Sura and I talk about:
- Why we (individually and in teams) get stuck creatively
- The innovation framework Sura uses with her clients
- How having this framework helps get buy-in from various stakeholders in the sales process
- Key mindsets that help in creative sessions
- How to set up a creative session
This episode is part of our series on Frameworks, episodes 145-148.
NEW! We’ve created a LinkedIn for Speakers online masterclass so you can leverage the power of LinkedIn to land speaking gigs, build your brand, and grow your business.
In this video masterclass, you’ll learn the 3 C’s:
- Copy = Write copy for your LinkedIn profile that optimizes your profile for search and gets you found by your ideal clients
- Content = Create and share content on the LinkedIn platform that enhances your profile and brand, positions you as a thought leader in your industry, and gets your LinkedIn presence in front of more of your ideal audience
- Connections = Mine the data on the LinkedIn platform to grow your network, nurture your connections, and build your know, like, trust factor
About My Guest: Since 2001, Sura Al-Naimi has been in the world of innovation and creativity. She is a former Disney Global Innovation Officer at their internal think tank, B2B tech and luxury jewelry entrepreneur, and challenger strategist at the What If Innovation Group, Synectics and EatBigFish. Sura has bridged the worlds of startups and Fortune 100 organizations. Disney, Hyperloop, Facebook, Chick-Fil-A, Levis, Kaiser Permanente, Barilla to name a few. She is the co-founder and Chief Co-Creation Officer of WeOverMe, an innovation network, founder of HiHelloSura, and an adjunct at Ray Kurzweil and Peter Diamandis Singularity University.
About Us: The Speaking Your Brand podcast is hosted by Carol Cox. At Speaking Your Brand, we help women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and gain more visibility to achieve their goals. Our mission is to get more women in positions of influence and power: on stages, in businesses, on boards, in the media, in politics, and in our communities. Check out our coaching programs at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com.
Show notes at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/148
Connect with Sura on her website at https://www.hihellosura.com/.
Book recommendation “The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why It Matters” by Priya Parker.
Download our free Strategic Speaking Guide at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategic-speaking/ or text the word SPEAKING to 33-777.
Get on the interest list for our Master Your Speaking group coaching program at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/mastery.
Sign up for a Strategy Session to create your framework at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy.
Create your signature talk or TEDx talk. Get all the details at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/coaching.
Connect with Carol on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolcox/.
Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts and leave a review!
Related Podcast Episodes: