Subscribe to the podcast!
Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
How can you get media coverage for your business? In this episode, you’ll learn common mistakes business owners make when pitching journalists, what to put in your pitches, how to show you’re an expert, and how the media landscape is changing.
My guest is Christina Nicholson, an award-winning journalist with more than a decade of experience anchoring, reporting, writing, blogging, video production, editing, excelling in social media, photography, and live TV. She has been featured in Forbes, Fast Company, the Huffington Post, and on CNN, WTVJ in Miami, WPTV in West Palm Beach, News 12 in New York City, and many other media outlets.
Christina now has her own company called Media Maven and helps businesses with their marketing, PR, and publicity, through consulting as well as by teaching business owners how to do it themselves through her online course.
- What got Christina interested in being a TV reporter and how she got started
- What to put in your demo reel
- The reasons to start small and local before looking for national media coverage
- How to get more comfortable talking about your business and your message
- Common mistakes business owners make when trying to get media coverage
- What to put in your pitches
- How to show that you are an expert
- How the media landscape is changing
- Whether it’s better for a pitch to come from the business owner or a publicist
Connect with Christina on her website: http://www.mediamavenandmore.com/
Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/mediamavenandmore/
Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/christinaallday/
Twitter = @ChristinaAllDay
Sign up for a strategy session at https://www.speakingyourbrand.com/strategy-session/.
Say hi to me on Twitter @CarolMorganCox
Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher.
Carol and Christina,
Thank you for the amazing podcast. As a marketer for a small local business, I never thought that contacting podcasters could benefit my business. Also, sending a video instead of written emails to journalists is an amazing idea to be unique in order to get local news coverage.
Thanks for your comment. I’m so glad to hear that you got valuable ideas from the podcast!