Speaking Your Brand® LIVE Virtual Summit 2021
Sign up to be the first to know when event registration is open!
Speaker Applications Are Now Closed.
Speaker Application Deadline: Monday, January 18 at Midnight Eastern
Brave. Bold. Beyond.
Use Your Voice ~ Change Our World
EVENT DATE: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 11:30 am-7:30 pm Eastern
WHERE: Virtual conference platform
THEME: “How I’ve used my voice to challenge the status quo”
We invite you to apply to speak and share your bold and brave message.
We are looking for 8-10 diverse women speakers with varied backgrounds of races, ethnicities, ages, life experiences, and personal histories. Also, the committee will select an assorted mix of topical categories, perspectives, and stories. You do not need to be a professional speaker. We’re looking for an interesting story, passion, and energy.
These will be TED-style talks, around 10 minutes each, presented live (not pre-recorded).
Our goal is to amplify idea-focused conversations among women and to inspire all women to share their unique voice.
We know that through women’s stories and visibility, we challenge the status quo and change existing systems and beliefs, from the micro to the macro.
In addition to the featured talks, we will have a moderated Q&A after each theme along with breakout discussion sessions.
Your proposed talk should be relevant to the theme and should:
- Reflect a relevant and timely concept
- Be uniquely your own (share the real you, be vulnerable)
- Take the audience along your journey of discovery (universalize your personal story)
- Provide a call to action that arouses a sense of care and urgency from the audience
- Present a message that changes the perception of the audience
Speakers will be announced by February 1st. You will be notified either way.
→ Please review the Speaker Guidelines & Expectations PDF.
- Attend the Speaker Workshop on Zoom on February 8 from 1-3 pm Eastern.
- Develop your script for your talk. First draft due by Feb. 25 at 8 pm Eastern. You’ll also be working with a Speaking Your Brand speaking coach to improve your talk.
- Be available for speaker rehearsal on Tuesday, March 16th from 1-6 pm Eastern (we’ll give you a more specific time window as we get closer).
- Attend (most of) the live event on Thursday, April 1st from 11:30 am-7:30 pm Eastern. At a minimum, speakers must be available during the discussion session after their talk.
- Your talk will be recorded and we may use it and clips of it on our website and social media. You will also be provided with a recording of your talk that you can use.
- No selling in your talk. You will get exposure as a speaker, including your bio and a link to your website and social media on the Speaking Your Brand website and virtual event platform.
- In lieu of compensation, you will benefit from speaking coaching, exposure to our audience, and an opportunity to make an impact.
- You will be given a speaker release agreement to digitally sign.
- Finalists may be required to interview on Zoom with a member of the Speaking Your Brand team before acceptance as a speaker.
- Monday, January 18 at midnight Eastern time = Speaker applications due.
- February 1st = Speakers announced. (You will be notified either way).
- February 8th, 1-3 pm Eastern = Required Speaker Workshop (on Zoom).
- February 25th at 8 pm Eastern = First draft of your script due.
- March 16th, 1-6 pm Eastern (you’ll be given a time block) = Required Speaker Dress Rehearsal (on event platform).
- March 25th at 8 pm Eastern = Final script due.
- April 1st, 11:30 am - 7:30 pm Eastern = Live event.
- Other Zoom sessions and office hours with the Speaking Your Brand team (as needed).
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.